To respond to an opportunity listed here, please email email@example.com with the job# you are interested in and your contact information.
Job #4 - Lead SQL DBA
Looking to hire a Lead DBA (SQL) - ASAP
Join a dynamic Fortune 500 company, one of the Top 5 Internet retailers in the eCommerce space with Global Headquarters in South Florida.
If you like being part of a winning team of talented IT professionals and enjoy supporting strategic business initiatives that impact a global $11 billion business this might be the right opportunity for you. We have a proven track record of developing and promoting internal talent.
- Configure, create, and troubleshoot all SQL Server components such as SQL Server properties, database properties, table/column properties, SQL Server agent jobs, DTS packages, database maintenance plans, error logs, alerts, and security.
- Design, implement, and execute database backup/restore strategy based on service level requirements.
- Act as gatekeeper on production systems – Review and optimize database changes prior to production setup for errors and optimal performance.
- Database objects migration – Transfer and synchronize data records, triggers, SPs, tables, databases, SQL Server agent jobs, DTS packages, etc. amongst different SQL Servers promptly and with minimum supervision.
- Installation, upgrade, and patching of Microsoft SQL Server suite of products (7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2).
- Performance tuning – Identify performance bottlenecks (i.e. poor written queries, hardware issues, etc.) and recommend corrective course of action.
- Extensive use of SQL Server tools such as Query Analyzer, Profiler, and DTS Designer, etc.
- Windows Operating System – Diagnose and troubleshoot OS components that may impact SQL Server availability, such as memory, CPU, disk space, security, etc.
- Proficient in using OS tools such as Perf Mon, Computer Management, Event Viewer, etc.
- Capacity Planning.
High Availability Solutions
- Windows Clustering – Support active/active and active/passive clusters. Manage cluster resources and troubleshoot errors.
- Create and maintain standby databases, log-shipping, or database mirroring. Participate in planning and execution of recovery activities.
- 10+ years Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005, 2008 DBA experience, in a production environment required.
- 8+ years Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005, 2008 DBA experience with Standby Databases and Clustering required.
- Strong verbal, written and Project Management skills required.
- Strong experience sizing, and administering large enterprise-level databases in a clustered environment required.
- Proficient development skills (SQL, TSQL, Stored Procedures, and Triggers) for the purpose of providing development support and application tuning strongly preferred.
- Proven experience as a team lead required.
Job #3 - Reporting Analyst
A Kendall, Miami International Health Insurer has an immediate need for a SQL Server Reporting Analyst.
To provide internal customers with the following:
- To design, build & implement new (or make changes to existing):
- Ad hoc data extracts
- Business information reports
- User friendly query tools (such as Multi-dimensional data cubes or SharePoint Reports).
- Using SQL Server & SharePoint and/or other technologies
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- 4 year College Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent combination formal education and significant experience required.
- Significant (4+) years experience in Information Technology or accounting field preferably in the analysis of financial, insurance or health care data.
- Strong knowledge of database and reporting applications, including Excel, Access, SQL, SSRS and Sharepoint.
- Excellent communications skills in Spanish and English, write, read and speak both languages fluently.
- Should have an energetic, enthusiastic personality with a commitment to flexibility and ability to drive and embrace change.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness as well as a positive attitude are essential pre-requisites of the job.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.